From Dusk till Dawn: The Series is an American supernatural crime-horror series developed by Robert Rodriguez; the director of the original film. It expands on the story of the Gecko Brothers: Seth and Richie, The Fuller family, and Santánico Pandemonium. The series premiered on March 11, 2014 on Robert Rodriguez's newly launched channel El Rey. Outside the United States and Latin America, the series is available on Netflix. It is being produced by FactoryMade Ventures in association with Miramax and executive produced by Rodriguez. The series adds to the tone of the film, with new characters and backstories, while expanding the creatures' Mesoamerican mythology.
On March 26, 2014, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series was renewed for a 10-episode second season.
On October 26, 2015, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series was renewed for a 10-episode third season.
After the third season finished airing, there was an announcement made that the cast has been released from their contracts. However, there is a possibility that there could be a limited series with the cast reprising their roles, but nothing has been reported or announced yet.
Main Cast and Characters
- D.J. Cotrona as Seth Gecko
- Zane Holtz as Richie Gecko
- Eiza González as Santánico Pandemonium
- Jesse Garcia as Freddie Gonzalez
- Madison Davenport as Kate Fuller/Amaru (Amaru is a main character in Season Three; she is later portrayed by Natalie Martinez in the last two episodes)
- Brandon Soo Hoo as Scott Fuller
- Wilmer Valderrama as Carlos Madrigal
- Robert Patrick as Jacob Fuller
- Don Johnson as Earl McGraw (Season One)
- Esai Morales as Amancio Malvado (Season Two)
- Danny Trejo as The Regulator (Credited as Special Appearance in Season Two)
- Jake Busey as Aiden Tanner
From Dusk till Dawn is the first original series on the newly launched El Rey network. Creator Robert Rodriguez, who also directed the pilot and other episodes, stated that the original film From Dusk Till Dawn is "one of the favorite movies that I did in the past with Quentin [Tarantino] and one that people still ask us about today." He added, "There was so much I wanted to explore in that movie that I didn't get to. And I delved a little deeper into Mesoamerican mythologies and Aztec and Mayan mythologies and where a vampire culture could have existed back then and found fascinating stuff."
From Dusk till Dawn has received mostly favorable reviews. The website, Metacritic, has given the season a "generally favorable" score of 62 out of 100, based on nine critics. Another review aggregator site, Rotten Tomatoes, it holds a 78% rating with an average rating of 6.6 out of 10, based on nine reviews. It was picked as #1 on Entertainment Weekly's Must list and as one of the Hottest New Fiction Shows by The Hollywood Reporter.
See Also: Episodes
There are 30 episodes total from three seasons.